Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LightBright

Courtesty of the brilliant findings from Design*Sponge: The gracie lamp (below) from Crate and Barrel takes it to the next level. I love the solid color. Personally, I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the shades, so I might do without and go with frosted bulbs instead. But I love the solid shiny color that allows your eye to focus on the shape and texture of the piece. It is cute in white with the yellow background, but oh so cute if you were to paint it a bright color (in case your walls aren't bold yellow like in the photo below).

And if you can't afford the $200 version from Crate and Barrel, here is a $30 one you can pick up from a Simi Valley Craigslist posting. I see chandeliers similar to this all the time on Craigslist, so don't fret if this one is taken already. There are several tips on the internet about how to paint brass. Here is one from the DIY Network's site.

As always, happy hunting!

No comments: